Sending newsletters via Outlook is now easier than ever, whether you are a PC or Mac user, just click on the relevant menu below to find out how:
1. Install our Outlook Add-in to import and send newsletters from the Outlook Desktop app (available on PC, Outlook version 2013 and above)
1. Open the file you've just downloaded and run setup.exe.
2. If you see the 'Windows protected your PC' window pop up, click on 'More info' then 'Run anyway'.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts to continue installing the add-in.
4. Once installed, open a new message in Outlook, then click the 3 dots in the top right corner and select ' Import Publication ' as per below. The first time you do so, you will be asked to login using your Publicate login details.
5. Once logged in, you will see a list of all your newsletters every time you click on the 'Import Publication' button. Once you select the one to use, click ' Add publication ' Also if you want to access Publications from a Team Workspace vs our Personal Workspace you can change the settings at the top.
6. Pro tip: you can add the Add-in directly to the top ribbon as shown below: just right-click the 'Import Publication' option shown in the previous screenshot and select ' add to ribbon'.
2. Install our Chrome extension to import and send your newsletters directly from Outlook.live.com (available to Mac and PC users)
Click the above button to access the Chrome store where you'll need to click the 'Add to Chrome' button and 'Add Extension' on the next pop up window : this will automatically download and add the extension to your browser.
2. Log in to your account on Outlook.live.com. If you are used to the Outlook Desktop app, don’t worry the same login details apply. Start a new email draft and you will see Publicate ‘ Import Publication’ button at the bottom of the email draft:
3. The first time you click on it, you will be asked to give the Publicate Browser Extension permission: click ‘ Accept’ to continue and provide your Publicate login details so your Publicate account is connected to your Outlook:
4. You can now import and send your newsletter directly from your email draft:
Note that if you have multiple Team workspaces you can browse the newsletters showing in a different Team workspace by selecting a different Team workspace at the top.
Have trouble finding or using the Add-in or the extension? Check our common questions and replies below:
1. I installed the Outlook Add-in and…
I can’t see anything related to Publicate in my Outlook Desktop app
If you installed the Outlook Add-in as per section 1 above and can’t see anything Publicate related in your Outlook Desktop app, this article should help. If not, check out the next section in case your Outlook disabled the Add-in.
Outlook seems to have disabled the Add-in
Please see the steps laid out in this article
I can’t see the 3 dots ‘... ‘ at the top of my email draft
If you use an older version of Outlook, instead of having 3 dots showing at the top of your email draft, you might see the following instead:
2. I installed the Chrome extension and…
I can’t see the ‘ Import Publication’ button at the bottom of my email draft
Please make sure that you accepted the Chrome extension terms and that the extension is active on your browser as per this article.
If you have any other questions or we can help with anything else please just send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the chat window on the right.